hello lovelies. here’s a new recipe that came about in a moment of… “oh, i want to make this… but i don’t have this… or this… or this!” it was fun, let me tell you. i present to you: … Continue reading
so, this is what i cooked on sunday night. it’s a little while ago, i know, but it was fun. sweet potato gnocchi with garlic zucchini ingredients 1 orange sweet potato 2 medium potatos 300 g gluten-free plain flour 1 … Continue reading
sorry i haven’t posted in a while, schools just gone back. i’m in yr 11 now! (in australia that the second last year of school).
tonight i made lentil soup for dinner. as is often the case with me, i am inspired by recipes; i don’t follow them directly. tonight’s dinner was inspired by a recipe from tasty yummies. i made quite a few changes to it so i decided to post my version of the recipe, rather than just linking you to her’s.
- 3 cups lentils (i used 2 cups red lentils and 1 cup green, but you can use any combination)
- 2 tbs canola oil (or other oil)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pour lentils into a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover by about 5 cm. let soak for approximately 1 hour.
- heat oil in a large saucepan. add cumin, turmeric, chili flakes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. add more oil if necessary.
- add lentils (with whatever water there may be left in there) to saucepan. stir to coat lentils in spice mixture. add the 8 cups of water now.
- add carrot, zucchini, salt and pepper. cook for about 20 minutes on a medium high heat or until water has reduced. add tomatoes now and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- serve with toasted bread.
hope you enjoy!
hey, long time no post. i know. today is my mummy’s birthday! aren’t you excited? of course you are. we didn’t have anyone over for dinner today (we’re doing that tomorrow) so i was a bit lost as to … Continue reading
so, today was nowhere near as hot as yesterday. still really still, but bearable. today my dearest cousin arrived from oh-so-far-away in another state of australia. sorry, i mean austraya. gotta have the bogan influence there. when max arrived (the … Continue reading
hello again. today has been bloody hot here in australia. like ridiculously hot. like i-can’t-move, i-can’t-think kind of hot. so what did i do? i made a roast. nah… not quite. i had originally intended my dinner to be served … Continue reading