hi all, thanks for your great response to my banana cake post! any love is much appreciated! today i’m going to share with you a quick little recipe inspired by a recipe in a delicious magazine i was reading in a cafe … Continue reading
so, i made a meal plan. this recipe, while it is a soup, is nothing like the one i posted in the meal plan.
you’ll just have to deal. i had a fridge full of carrots and not much else, hence:
carrot and ginger soup (for 3-4 people)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil of choice (i used canola, but using another oil would probably add a nice flavour)
- 3 cm chunk of ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, chopped small
- 5 cups of water
- heat the oil in a large saucepan. add ginger and garlic and allow to cook for about a minute.
- add carrot and stir to coat them in the ginger mixture. add water.
- turn heat to medium-low and simmer for about 1 hour.
- when carrot is soft(ish), until it reaches your desired consistency.
hope you enjoy. sorry about the lack of pictures, just imagine a really violent orange coloured soup and you’ll be all set
love you ducklings 🙂
sorry i haven’t posted in a while, schools just gone back. i’m in yr 11 now! (in australia that the second last year of school).
tonight i made lentil soup for dinner. as is often the case with me, i am inspired by recipes; i don’t follow them directly. tonight’s dinner was inspired by a recipe from tasty yummies. i made quite a few changes to it so i decided to post my version of the recipe, rather than just linking you to her’s.
- 3 cups lentils (i used 2 cups red lentils and 1 cup green, but you can use any combination)
- 2 tbs canola oil (or other oil)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pour lentils into a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover by about 5 cm. let soak for approximately 1 hour.
- heat oil in a large saucepan. add cumin, turmeric, chili flakes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. add more oil if necessary.
- add lentils (with whatever water there may be left in there) to saucepan. stir to coat lentils in spice mixture. add the 8 cups of water now.
- add carrot, zucchini, salt and pepper. cook for about 20 minutes on a medium high heat or until water has reduced. add tomatoes now and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- serve with toasted bread.
hope you enjoy!
i discovered this delicious little salad while visiting family in melbourne (which is why i’ve been away for a couple of weeks). it’s really easy, really simple, but it’s also really nice! carrot mint salad ingredients 3 medium carrots 1 … Continue reading
so, today was nowhere near as hot as yesterday. still really still, but bearable. today my dearest cousin arrived from oh-so-far-away in another state of australia. sorry, i mean austraya. gotta have the bogan influence there. when max arrived (the … Continue reading
hello again. today has been bloody hot here in australia. like ridiculously hot. like i-can’t-move, i-can’t-think kind of hot. so what did i do? i made a roast. nah… not quite. i had originally intended my dinner to be served … Continue reading