hi all, thanks for your great response to my banana cake post! any love is much appreciated! today i’m going to share with you a quick little recipe inspired by a recipe in a delicious magazine i was reading in a cafe … Continue reading
heyy:) once again, surprising you all with my meal for today… completely different from the one i said i was going to cook. i was fully intending to cook the lentil loaf that i had linked to the meal plan … Continue reading
so, i made a meal plan. this recipe, while it is a soup, is nothing like the one i posted in the meal plan.
you’ll just have to deal. i had a fridge full of carrots and not much else, hence:
carrot and ginger soup (for 3-4 people)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil of choice (i used canola, but using another oil would probably add a nice flavour)
- 3 cm chunk of ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, chopped small
- 5 cups of water
- heat the oil in a large saucepan. add ginger and garlic and allow to cook for about a minute.
- add carrot and stir to coat them in the ginger mixture. add water.
- turn heat to medium-low and simmer for about 1 hour.
- when carrot is soft(ish), until it reaches your desired consistency.
hope you enjoy. sorry about the lack of pictures, just imagine a really violent orange coloured soup and you’ll be all set
love you ducklings 🙂
i discovered this delicious little salad while visiting family in melbourne (which is why i’ve been away for a couple of weeks). it’s really easy, really simple, but it’s also really nice! carrot mint salad ingredients 3 medium carrots 1 … Continue reading
hello again. today has been bloody hot here in australia. like ridiculously hot. like i-can’t-move, i-can’t-think kind of hot. so what did i do? i made a roast. nah… not quite. i had originally intended my dinner to be served … Continue reading