hello lovelies. here’s a new recipe that came about in a moment of… “oh, i want to make this… but i don’t have this… or this… or this!” it was fun, let me tell you. i present to you: … Continue reading
hi all, thanks for your great response to my banana cake post! any love is much appreciated! today i’m going to share with you a quick little recipe inspired by a recipe in a delicious magazine i was reading in a cafe … Continue reading
first off, we have a guest chef here with us today, none other than my sister, mim. as my dad has gone proper gluten-free on us (as of yesterday) he requested a bread-free lunch. i made mim make it because i … Continue reading
hi all, brace yourself… you finally get to see a picture of me! (i don’t know if its that exciting, probably more scary than anything, but hey. just be excited for my sake ;)) so, i’ve been making more and … Continue reading
sorry i haven’t posted in a while, schools just gone back. i’m in yr 11 now! (in australia that the second last year of school).
tonight i made lentil soup for dinner. as is often the case with me, i am inspired by recipes; i don’t follow them directly. tonight’s dinner was inspired by a recipe from tasty yummies. i made quite a few changes to it so i decided to post my version of the recipe, rather than just linking you to her’s.
- 3 cups lentils (i used 2 cups red lentils and 1 cup green, but you can use any combination)
- 2 tbs canola oil (or other oil)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pour lentils into a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover by about 5 cm. let soak for approximately 1 hour.
- heat oil in a large saucepan. add cumin, turmeric, chili flakes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. add more oil if necessary.
- add lentils (with whatever water there may be left in there) to saucepan. stir to coat lentils in spice mixture. add the 8 cups of water now.
- add carrot, zucchini, salt and pepper. cook for about 20 minutes on a medium high heat or until water has reduced. add tomatoes now and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- serve with toasted bread.
hope you enjoy!
i discovered this delicious little salad while visiting family in melbourne (which is why i’ve been away for a couple of weeks). it’s really easy, really simple, but it’s also really nice! carrot mint salad ingredients 3 medium carrots 1 … Continue reading