hello lovelies. here’s a new recipe that came about in a moment of… “oh, i want to make this… but i don’t have this… or this… or this!” it was fun, let me tell you. i present to you: … Continue reading
hi all, thanks for your great response to my banana cake post! any love is much appreciated! today i’m going to share with you a quick little recipe inspired by a recipe in a delicious magazine i was reading in a cafe … Continue reading
hey, last night my dad asked me if i would make banana for him. i said yes. then my sister asked me to “like…make it less sugar or something. and like… don’t put… you know… too much butter in it … Continue reading
so, this is what i cooked on sunday night. it’s a little while ago, i know, but it was fun. sweet potato gnocchi with garlic zucchini ingredients 1 orange sweet potato 2 medium potatos 300 g gluten-free plain flour 1 … Continue reading
first off, we have a guest chef here with us today, none other than my sister, mim. as my dad has gone proper gluten-free on us (as of yesterday) he requested a bread-free lunch. i made mim make it because i … Continue reading
hi all, it’s been a while i know. i’ve got some extra posts coming up over the next week though so that should make up for it.
weekly meal plan
monday – zucchini basil and kale frittata from the roasted root
tuesday – miso soup with sweet potato dumplings from egginon
wednesday – mim’s responsibility
thursday – hearty kale lentil and potato soup from hummusapien
friday – sage polenta bowls with roasted brussel sprouts wild mushrooms from oh my veggies
saturday – southwestern quinoa bites with avocado dipping sauce from tasty yummies
sunday – whole roasted tandoori cauliflower with mint chutney from my new roots
so.. off you pop. hope you have a fun week!
heyy:) once again, surprising you all with my meal for today… completely different from the one i said i was going to cook. i was fully intending to cook the lentil loaf that i had linked to the meal plan … Continue reading
so, i made a meal plan. this recipe, while it is a soup, is nothing like the one i posted in the meal plan.
you’ll just have to deal. i had a fridge full of carrots and not much else, hence:
carrot and ginger soup (for 3-4 people)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil of choice (i used canola, but using another oil would probably add a nice flavour)
- 3 cm chunk of ginger, coarsely grated
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 carrots, chopped small
- 5 cups of water
- heat the oil in a large saucepan. add ginger and garlic and allow to cook for about a minute.
- add carrot and stir to coat them in the ginger mixture. add water.
- turn heat to medium-low and simmer for about 1 hour.
- when carrot is soft(ish), until it reaches your desired consistency.
hope you enjoy. sorry about the lack of pictures, just imagine a really violent orange coloured soup and you’ll be all set
love you ducklings 🙂
for a while now, i’ve been wanting to kind of set straight in my mind how many times a week i’m aiming to post, and which ones. at the moment, i think i’ll aim for about 3 times a week, as follows:
thursday – cooking or sewing post
friday – cooking or sewing post
sunday – weekly meal plan
if i’m having a particularly busy week, i’m sorry to say: this comes second. or third, or fourth. it depends on what’s happening.
so, you may be wondering what my weekly meal plan will entail. nothing too fancy. it’s inspired by the good work over at ohmyveggies.com. kierstan, the ohmyveggies writer, posts 5 recipes that she will follow each week. she has a shopping list and everything, but i think i’ll just stick to recipe ideas. as you may have picked up, i never follow recipes exactly. so this will be just a guideline for me.
as it’s sunday, here goes the first ever
weekly meal plan
monday – mum’s responsibility
wednesday – mim’s responsibility
friday – lentil loaf from one ingredient chef
so… there you go. my week will go … something … like that.
sorry i haven’t posted in a while, schools just gone back. i’m in yr 11 now! (in australia that the second last year of school).
tonight i made lentil soup for dinner. as is often the case with me, i am inspired by recipes; i don’t follow them directly. tonight’s dinner was inspired by a recipe from tasty yummies. i made quite a few changes to it so i decided to post my version of the recipe, rather than just linking you to her’s.
- 3 cups lentils (i used 2 cups red lentils and 1 cup green, but you can use any combination)
- 2 tbs canola oil (or other oil)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pour lentils into a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover by about 5 cm. let soak for approximately 1 hour.
- heat oil in a large saucepan. add cumin, turmeric, chili flakes and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. add more oil if necessary.
- add lentils (with whatever water there may be left in there) to saucepan. stir to coat lentils in spice mixture. add the 8 cups of water now.
- add carrot, zucchini, salt and pepper. cook for about 20 minutes on a medium high heat or until water has reduced. add tomatoes now and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- serve with toasted bread.
hope you enjoy!