thanks for your great response to my banana cake post! any love is much appreciated!
today i’m going to share with you a quick little recipe inspired by a recipe in a delicious magazine i was reading in a cafe today. i was called a ‘forager’s plate’. essentially a big flat mushroom topped with a breadcrumby mixture. so since our family has been gathering mushrooms every time we go to the shops courtesy of my little sister, i decided to make us a big nutty mushroom to go alongside our mushroom pasta.
nutty mushroom (serves 4)
- 4 large flat mushrooms, about 10 cm diameter
- 1/3 of a cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 of a cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 of a cup of pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a cup of coarsely chopped basil
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- preheat oven to 200 degrees (celsius)
- pulse seeds and nuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. don’t over blend.
- remove the stalks of the mushrooms and chop finely. add to nut mix.
- add chopped basil and garlic to nut mixture and stir to combine.
- spoon nut mixture into mushroom cavity and drizzle an even amount of oil over each mushroom.
- place mushrooms on baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
anyway, just a quick one. hope you enjoy (they are delicious!)