last night my dad asked me if i would make banana for him. i said yes.
then my sister asked me to “like…make it less sugar or something. and like… don’t put… you know… too much butter in it and stuff”. i said yes.
so i present to you, a banana bread/cake without dairy, only a little bit of sugar and a load of nuts. hope you enjoy.
- 1 cup of self-raising flour (i used white gluten-free, but ideally i would have used wholemeal)
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- about 10 chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of milk (i used organic almond milk but, once again any milk will do)
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 of a cup of almonds
- 1/3 of a cup of cashews
- 1/3 of a cup of peanuts
- preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (moderate oven). lightly grease a round cake tin.
- sift flours into a large bowl. add dates and stir to combine.
- add oil, milk, mashed banana, eggs and sugar and mix with an electric mixer.
- add nuts and stir to combine.
- pour mixture into prepared pan and cook for 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
hope you enjoy,
note: i didn’t actually any of this, on account of the sugar, but it has received glowing reviews from the rest of my family.