so, this is what i cooked on sunday night. it’s a little while ago, i know, but it was fun.
sweet potato gnocchi with garlic zucchini
- 1 orange sweet potato
- 2 medium potatos
- 300 g gluten-free plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 zucchinis, cut into half rounds
- 3 cloves of garlic, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- peel potatos (and sweet potato) . cut into roughly even pieces.
- bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. drop in the potatos. cook for about 10 minutes or until soft through (but not falling apart).
- drain the potatos and allow to cool.
- when cool, grate the potatos with a small teeth size. alternatively you could mash or put the potatos through a ricer. you can grate this directly onto your working surface, i.e. a bench.
- add flour to the grated potatos (straight on the bench). use your hands to bring the flour, egg and potato together to form a smooth dough.
- take a small part of the dough. roll it into a thick snake and cut into gnocchi sized pieces. round with your hands and indent with a fork. use extra flour if necessary. place gnocchi on a a few large trays.
- meanwhile, make zucchini topping. roast zucchinis in a 200 degree (C) oven for about 7 minutes.
- in a small saucepan, heat vegetable oil and add garlic. cook for a minute or two. remove from heat and add olive oil. toss through zucchini.
- when everything else is ready, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. add gnocchi one tray at a time. add they rise to the surface scoop them off and place into serving bowls. pour over zucchini topping. add grated parmesan cheese if desired.
hope you enjoy!